Connecting Social Emotional Learning with Healthy Play
To support our students with the opportunity to have healthy play at home, our wonderful PE teachers, Eric Garro and Randy Coxen, have put together some equipment sets for students to take and keep at home. During online PE lessons, Mr. Garro and Mr. Coxen will be talking with students about the equipment and how to use them.
Students will be connected with equipment to help student with emotional regulation.
Play allows children to use their creativity while developing their imagination, dexterity, and physical, cognitive, and emotional strength. Play is important to help develop a healthy brain. It is through play that children at a very early age engage and interact in the world around them.
Play can help our students:
- Relieve stress.
- Improve brain function.
- Stimulate the mind and boost creativity.
- Improve relationships and your connection to others.
- Play helps develop and improve social skills.
- Play teaches cooperation with others.
Students will receive:
- 1 – 8.5 inch playground rubber ball (If you do not have access to a pump, please send the ball back with your students and Mr. Garro will inflate them for you.)
- 1 – 4 inch foam ball
- 1 – jump rope (different length per grade level)
May these resources provide additional opportunities for your student at home to participate in Healthy Play!